FOR MINIMAL VEHICLE USE
- Put a fuel system preservative in your gas tank. You can purchase this product at Auto part stores. Gold Eagle is one of the manufacturers and their product is called, “Sta-bil”. When you put it in your tank, make sure you follow the directions carefully. If you put in too much, you can create a new and different problem. Try to use up all of the treated gas within 1 year before adding more gas and treatment.
- Keep a trickle charger (one that has an automatic shut-off when fully charged feature) hooked up to the battery.
- Run the engine at least once a month until fully warm.
- Move or drive the vehicle at least every 2 months.
FOR LONG TERM STORAGE
- Drain the fuel system and run car until it stalls.
- Drain the coolant.
- Jack up the front and rear of the car and put it on stands to get the weight off the tires and shocks.
- Pump the brakes every 3 months.
- Keep a trickle charger hooked up to the battery (one that has an auto shut-off feature).